The Leeds Running Day 2018
Sunday is fast approaching and with the final plans coming together for "On The Buses" - The Leeds Running Day 2018 it should prove to be a grand day out for all the family!. (Bring a Brolly!)
This year, it will be possible to see live updates from the event control at Thwaite Mills on Twitter, by following the handle @blackprincebus #LRDCLASSIC
I aim to use this Twitter feed to post information in the run up to the event, with live vehicle allocations and any issues encountered during the day.
If you are joining us by train, please note the following :-
- Leeds City Square, bus stop P5 for buses towards Thwaite Mill.
The first departure in this direction will be 0945.
- Bishopgate Street, bus stop Z1 for buses towards Armley Mill.
The first departure in this direction will be 0955.
If you are joining us by bus or coach :-
- Leeds York Street, outside bus & coach station, bus stop F5 for buses towards Thwaite mill, the first departure will be at 0945.
- Leeds York Street, outside bus & coach station, bus stop F7 for buses towards Armley Mill, the first departure will be at 0945.
To Park N Ride :-
- Thwaite Mill has LIMITED Free car parking
- Middleton Railway has LIMITED Free car parking
- Thackray Medical Museum has pay & display car parking
- Armley Mill has AMPLE Free car parking.
.....From both outer ends of the route (Thwaite/Armley), the service will commence from 1000.....
Timetable & souvenir booklet is available on the day, priced £3.00.
Purchase a copy from the bus crew OR our volunteer staff based at Thwaite Mill, Thackray Medical Museum, Leeds bus & coach station, or Armley Mill.
The museums at Thwaite Mill & Armley Mill will offer a great deal-buy one ticket, gain entry to the other museum for free, with Thackray Medical Museum offering a buy one ticket get the second free.
There will be lots to pack in to the day, with classic cars & buses on display at Thwaite, boat rides and family activites in the museum grounds and entertainment for the kids.
Middleton Railway will be in steam with the (Free) museum open for business too.
Thackray will take you on a journey of discovery through the development of medical science-there is a great cafe on site too!.
The Leeds Industrial Museum at Armley Mills is opening the locomotive collection, offering a rare chance to view the wonderful collection of Leeds built engines, rarely seen by the public since the building was sadly flood damaged in 2015. You'll also sample the steam house in operation and many other wonderful attractions in the museum.
We hope to see many of our readers at the event and an enjoyable day is had by all!.